What better way to get through these cold winter months than warming up with these delicious, guilt-free, Sticky Date Puddings 🙂 I’m truly addicted!
Guilt Free Sticky Date Puddings
1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 cup medjool dates – pitted and chopped
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup hot water
3/4 cup oat milk
1 tsp natural vanilla essence
1/2 cup light coconut cream
6 medjool dates – pitted and chopped
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Grease 4 medium sized individual ramekin dishes.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped dates, hot water and bicarbonate of soda. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine whisked eggs, coconut oil, milk and sifted flour.
- Add date mixture to flour mixture and mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into ramekin dishes and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooked, remove puddings from oven and let cool while preparing the topping.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil then simmer, continuously stirring until mixture turns a syrupy gold. Remove from heat.
- Place puddings onto plates and pour topping over each one. Serve immediately!
Be warned – these are addictive!
Share your winter survival food below…